*Position currently filled.
The Social Media Intern will work approximately 10 hours per week. The position is an hourly paid position in the Watershed Department of the Columbia River Inter-Tribal Fish Commission. The Columbia River Inter-Tribal Fish Commission’s mission is to empower students to engage with communities to create positive social change.
This position acts in a supporting role to the Public Information Officer of the Columbia River Inter-Tribal Fish Commission. General tasks will include support of the following major functions:
- Update and develop social media campaigns for the Columbia River Inter-Tribal Fish Commission
- Update and expand the social media channels for the Commission
- Strategically promote salmon marketing and CRITFC’s mission through social media
- Other duties as agreed upon
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, community partners and peers
- Ability to stay on top of multiple tasks and demonstrate follow through
- Experience with Photoshop, iMovie, HootSuite, InDesign, Illustrator would be helpful but not required.
- Proficiency using social media tools and technology
- Passion for community engagement and fisheries related issues
- Positive and optimistic attitude
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Temporary; 10-20 hours/week
For more information, contact
Tribal Workforce Development & Outreach Coordinator