Gain practical experience working with StreamNet Library—the center for Columbia Basin fisheries and ecosystem information—located at CRITFC.
* We are currently NOT hiring for this internship. This internship is also dependent upon grant funding.
- Selected intern will work with CRITFC StreamNet Regional Library staff to provide assistance in processing materials for the library collections.
- This internship is based in the Portland, Oregon at CRITFC offices. The intern will need to make his/her own living arrangement.
- Compensation: $11.00/hr (24 hrs/week for 8 weeks)
- The intern will develop a bibliography to support research into a topic of their choosing using available library resources.
- Increase exposure of tribal members to professional careers protecting tribal resources.
- Promote retention of tribal students in pursuing Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) degrees (including library science).
- Provide an eight-week internship program for individual research experience and mentoring.
- Increase professional interactions with practitioners in fisheries and natural resources research, policy, and management.
- Encourage employment in fisheries, natural resources, policy and libraries.
- Gain a deeper understanding of environmental issues faced by tribal agencies.
- Preparation and familiarity with research, leading to increased employment opportunities.
- Exploration of career and educational goals through personal interactions with workingmanagers, scientists and policy staff.
- Internship will be offered with a preference in the following order: (1) tribal member or descendant of one of the four CRITFC member tribes, (2) tribal member or descendant of a non-CRITFC member tribe, (3) non-enrolled individuals with an enrolled parent or grandparent; and (4) non-tribal member interested in learning about natural resource issues from a tribal perspective.
- High school graduate or college student.
- Have an interest in majoring in a natural resources field or library science.
- Have experience using a library for research.
- Have an interest in working for a tribal organization
- Consider pursuing a career in natural resources or library science.
- Ability to lift and carry boxes of books (50-75 lbs).
Supervision received: CRITFC StreamNet Library staff
The majority of the internship involves working in an office environment using a computer for data entry, searching databases and organizing materials. Training will be provided on-site.
For more information, contact
Tribal Workforce Development & Outreach Coordinator