NOAA Pathways Summer Intern (Student Trainee Biological Science)
NOAA is seeking bright, innovative, results-oriented students who are pursuing a degree or certificate program in an accredited educational institution for our Intern Program. The NOAA Pathways Internship Program targets students accepted for enrollment or currently enrolled in a degree-seeking or Certificate program at least on a half-time basis.
As a Student Intern (Biological Sciences), you will perform the following duties:
- Perform a variety of aid and technical assignments in the biological sciences pertaining to the scientific missions of the organization.
- Assist with research projects including the oversight of field data collection and the preparation of drawings, graphs, or charts using project data.
- Provide support for the production or publication of data bases and data collections.
- Operate various types of laboratory equipment and computer software associated with reference data programs.
- Assist in providing administrative support duties, including locating and compiling research data; organizing and maintaining files and records; preparing correspondence, reports, and briefing materials; and responding to general office inquiries.
- Assist senior staff, project officers, analytical staff, and other staff as necessary.
This vacancy may be used to fill other Student Trainee (Biological Sciencies), ZP-0499-2 positions throughout NOAA. The position must be alike (e.g. within the same geographic locations, same grade/band and requires the same qualifications as indicated in this vacancy announcement).
Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will not be paid. All travel, transportation, and relocation expenses associated with reporting for duty in this position will be the sole responsibility of the selected employee.
January 22, 2018