RFP: Payroll Processing & Human Resource Information System Contractor
Closing Date: Sep 18, 2020
The Columbia River Inter-Tribal Fish Commission (CRITFC) invites any qualified payroll processing and human resources information system (HRIS) Contractor, for the purpose of providing a professional payroll software system including payroll processing and consulting services, to submit a proposal in accordance with the details outlined in this request. Our organization is seeking a qualified Contractor with significant experience to assist CRITFC with its payroll processes and HRIS, any ancillary services, and time entry management.
- Current Payroll System provided by PayChex, Inc.
- Semi-monthly payroll for approximately 120 permanent full-time employees and 4 permanent part-time employees. Pay date is one semi-monthly period after the pay period dates.
- CRITFC also employs temporary seasonal (full and part-time) employees working varied months out of the year.
- Employees are based in multiple locations throughout the Pacific Northwest region and Pennsylvania. State/local tax remitting may involve multiple jurisdictions.
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance are provided through an employee benefits program provided by an insurance brokerage firm.
- Employees participate in a qualified retirement plan (401k).
- Current accounting system is Sage ERP 300.
- At this time, human resources information processes are performed independently and are neither automated nor incorporated into the current payroll system software.
Essential Job Functions
- Process payroll on time and accurately.
- Automated data collection and approval functions for common payroll tasks or requests.
- Implementation of new system and training of administrative staff by an experienced and knowledgeable implementation team.
- Integration of interdepartmental software systems and/or other Human Resource department processes.
- Responsive, intuitive system for time entry on various devices including desktop and laptop computers, tablets, cellphones, etc.
- Efficient use of resources through the reduction/elimination of duplicate data entry and processes; appropriate use of technology; process automation; access to data sets and reports.
- Accuracy and timeliness of all aspects of payroll processing including federal, state, and local tax reporting and remittances.
- Reduce risk by having secure and solid payroll data, improved internal controls, automated regulatory filing, and payment.
- Flexibility to handle routine changes to data or processes, such as adding a field, creating a report, or workflow process with minimal outside assistance or fees.
- Cloud-based services.
- Time and attendance tools.
- Traditional payroll processing for entire employee base to include direct deposit and paper checks and/or any combination of both payment methods. Direct deposit must have capability to accommodate at least four additional banking transfers per employee.
- Ability to process retroactive payments (including negative amounts), final checks, special pay runs, vacation/sick conversions, lump sum payments, bonus payments, etc.
- Ability to handle various time reporting configurations, various hour work weeks, and various accruals.
- Ability to track labor distribution to multiple cost centers.
- Ability to convert number of hours reported in a pay period to 86.67 hours for period payment for full time employees. Must also be able to convert using other standard hours (e.g. 69.34 or 65)
- Ability to convert labor distribution of up to 96 hours or as low as 72 hours in a period proportionally to 86.67 hours. Part-time employees must also be converted to other standard hours.
- Ability to set a maximum on total payment.
- Ability to calculate and track compensatory time according to CRITFC parameters.
- Management of accrual balances, leave requests and approvals, and exception reporting.
- System must manage employees working in multiple departments, locations and/or holding multiple jobs and pay rates.
- Payroll data is updated automatically when new components are added.
- Ability to customize and run multiple reports with no additional cost.
- User friendly custom reporting system in Excel and PDF format.
- Real time reporting.
- Reports can be produced across multiple years.
- Automation of recurring reports.
- Timely/accurate filing of taxes (local, state, and federal).
- Setup and remittance of Income Withholding Orders to different entities across the states.
- New hire reporting to government agencies.
- Provide on-line employee access including data access, time and attendance, W-4 forms, benefit access, check stubs and tax forms.
- Auditable on-line timesheet approval process.
- Ability to track COBRA, FMLA and unemployment information.
- Management of deductions and compensatory time.
- Benefit tracking and administration.
- Affordable Care Act tracking and reporting including electronic submission to IRS.
- Completion and filing of W-2 forms.
- Maintains historical data.
- Ability to format data for input to accounting software system (currently Sage ERP 300).
- Ability to make certain types of changes once that populate to other areas: Example: change the tax rate for a local jurisdiction that extends to all employees in that jurisdiction.
- Integration of payroll and HR activities.
- No-cost training and customer support; online webinars and training resources.
- A reliable customer service center with experienced and informed staff that can respond to our questions within minutes. The CRITFC would prefer a dedicated service team which is available, at minimum, during normal business hours and days (e.g. 0800-1700, Monday-Friday).
CRITFC Motor Vehicle Policy