Closing Date: November 2, 2018
The dispatcher is directly responsible for the operation of all office radio/telephone communication equipment, maintaining a close watch on patrol activities in the field, and for the general office needs of the agency.
- Department: Law Enforcement
- Classification: Full time, Regular, Non-Exempt
- Salary/Wage Range: $38,013 – $39,745/DOQ
- Location: Hood River, OR
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for CRITFE radio communications and all incoming telephone calls obtaining information, dispatching officers to complaints, disturbances, and general assistance to the public or other police agencies.
- Responsible for secretarial, receptionist and general office duties maintaining accurate radio, telephone and departmental enforcement logs.
- Operate and maintain all office equipment associated with dispatch responsibilities using the radio system, computer system and printers, fax machine, postage meter, phone system, copier and LEDS and know when to report system problems.
- Have a working knowledge of the CRITFC Personnel Policy Manual, the department Operations Manual and the communications division procedures as well as a general knowledge of the applicable tribal, inter-tribal, state/federal laws, resolutions and procedures pertaining to fishing and related activities on the Columbia River, reading and maintaining all current and updated information.
- Work rotating shifts and emergency coverage as assigned and required by agency manpower determinations.
- Maintain LEDS and first aid/CPR certification.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent training and/or education.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Possess tact and good communication skills both oral and written, with a clear, easily understood speaking voice.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize duties.
- DPSST certified or certifiable in the State of Oregon. Knowledge or ability to learn tribal fishing rights.
- Become certified for the Oregon state criminal computer system (LEDS).
- Possess typing ability equal to the requirements of a normal general office atmosphere.
- Possess self-initiative and ability to function with minimal direct supervision.
- Maintain the physical and health standards required of the position.
- Residence must be within 30 minutes driving time from the CRITFE’s Hood River Enforcement Office
- Valid driver license, excellent driving record and no criminal history.
- Supervision Received: This position works under the direct supervision of the Dispatch Supervisor and receives indirect supervision from the Captain.
- Supervision Given: Generally a Communications officer exercises no supervisory authority. However, in those instances where a supervisor is not available, a Communications officer having clear and unmistakable seniority over another, shall be responsible for supervisor decision affecting the Communications Division.
Office environment. Rotating shifts for 24-hour coverage, 7 days a week, including holidays. Some overtime may be necessary to ensure shift coverage or to attend mandatory meetings/training. Some lifting, moving of equipment and office supplies. Travel for training can be overnight to two weeks to fulfill basic requirements.
CRITFC Motor Vehicle Policy
The driver operating a CRITFC vehicle or their own private vehicle for business related purposes shall be in possession of a valid, unrestricted current driver’s license, or other operator’s license, as required by law; and be eligible for coverage under CRITFC’s Motor Vehicle insurance policy. Upon request, CRITFC’s Motor Vehicle policy is available to applicants to review the required criteria.