Closing Date: Open until filled.
The Columbia River Inter-Tribal Police Department (CRITPD) is based in Hood River, Oregon. It is the law enforcement arm of the Columbia River Inter-tribal Fish Commission (CRITFC) an agency of tribal government. The team consists of patrol officers, dispatchers, victim advocate, and administrative personnel. The department maintains a 24-hour policing effort focused on the 150-mile stretch of the Columbia River from Bonneville Dam to McNary Dam and lands adjacent. CRITPD dispatchers are directly responsible for the operation of all office radio/telephone communication equipment, monitoring patrol officer activities and assisting with general office needs of the agency.
- Department: Enforcement (Columbia River Inter-Tribal Police Department)
- Classification: Full-Time, regular, non-exempt (includes benefits).
- Salary/Wage Range: $39,937 to $43,661 (step 1 to step 3 depending on experience)
- Location: Hood River, OR
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for CRITPD radio communications and all incoming business calls, calls for assistance, dispatching officers to complaints, disturbances, and general assistance to the public or other police agencies.
- Responsible for secretarial, receptionist and general office duties, and maintaining accurate radio, telephone and department logs.
- Operate and maintain all office equipment associated with dispatch responsibilities; radio system, computer system and printers, fax machine, postage meter, phone system, copier and LEDS and know when to report system problems.
- Have a working knowledge of the CRITFC Personnel Policy Manual, Lexipol Policies, Department Operations Manual and the Communications Division Procedures as well as a general knowledge of the applicable tribal, inter-tribal, state/federal laws, resolutions and procedures pertaining to fishing and related activities on the Columbia River, reading and maintaining all current and updated information.
- Work rotating shifts and emergency coverage as assigned.
- Maintain LEDS, CJIS Security and First-aid/CPR certification.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent training and/or education.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Possess tact, good communication skills (oral and written), clear and concise speaking voice and excellent listening skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize duties.
- DPSST certified or certifiable in the State of Oregon.
- Knowledge or ability to learn tribal fishing rights.
- Become certified through the Oregon state criminal computer system (LEDS).
- Possess general office typing ability.
- Possess self-initiative and ability to function with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to direct and provide sound guidance to officers.
- Ability to remain calm while under extreme pressure.
- Maintain the physical and health standards required of the position.
- Residence must be within 30 minutes driving time from the CRITFE’s Hood River Enforcement Office
- Valid driver license, excellent driving record and no criminal history.
- Supervision Received: This position works under the direct supervision of the Dispatch Supervisor and receives indirect supervision from the Administrative Supervisor and Captain.
- Supervision Given: Generally, a Communications officer exercises no supervisory authority. However, in those instances where a supervisor is not available, a Communications officer having clear and unmistakable seniority over another, shall be responsible for supervisor decision affecting the Communications Division.
Office environment; rotating shifts with 24-hour coverage, 7 days a week, including holidays. Some overtime may be necessary to ensure shift coverage or to attend mandatory meetings/training. Some lifting, moving of equipment and office supplies. Travel for training can be overnight to three weeks to fulfill basic requirements.
CRITFC Motor Vehicle Policy
The driver operating a CRITFC vehicle or their own private vehicle for business related purposes shall be in possession of a valid, unrestricted current driver’s license, or other operator’s license, as required by law; and be eligible for coverage under CRITFC’s Motor Vehicle insurance policy. Upon request, CRITFC’s Motor Vehicle policy is available to applicants to review the required criteria.