Tribal Elder Prescription Medication Delivery
Beginning March 28, 2020 through April 26, 2020 or upon termination of stay at home orders by the states or tribes, CRITFC Enforcement will be conducting a pick-up and delivery of prescription medication effort for at-risk tribal members along the Columbia Rive Zone 6 corridor.
- Tribal member age 60 or older or a medically vulnerable dependent, of any age, of a tribal caregiver.
- Reside in a Columbia River Zone 6 corridor city, In-lieu Site, or Treaty Fishing Access Site.
How to participate
- Contact your pharmacy and order the prescription; be sure to ask pharmacy for a phone consultation from the Pharmacist as prescriptions cannot be released to officers if the patient has not had this Pharmacist consultation.
- Contact the Columbia River Inter-Tribal Enforcement Department between 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday at 541-386-6363 and provide patient’s name, address, phone number, date of birth, the prescription being requested, and the name of the pharmacy to the Dispatcher.
- When it is ready, pre-pay the pharmacy for the prescription over the phone; the prescription CANNOT be picked up if it has not been paid for.
- Advise the pharmacy that the Columbia River Inter-Tribal Police Department will be picking up the prescription.
- Have a valid identification available when the officer arrives at the patient’s residence.
Advisement to Residents
In order for the Columbia River Inter-Tribal Police Department to effectively administer this program we are asking that only those who are known to be vulnerable to the effects of Covid-19 by being over 60 years of age or having a life threatening pre-existing medical condition utilize this service. Officers will always be in approved Columbia River Inter-Tribal Enforcement Department attire with identification and will utilize personal protective equipment and maintain social distancing for all deliveries. All medications will be delivered in sealed and obscured packaging to protect your privacy .
By providing the Columbia River Inter-Tribal Enforcement Department with personal and pharmaceutical information, you are voluntarily choosing to do so for the purpose of requesting the pick up and delivery service by the Columbia River Inter-Tribal Enforcement Department and have given your voluntary waiver of information in accordance with HIPAA regulations. Your medical privacy will be kept confidential.
Visit the COVID-19 Resource Guide for Columbia River Fishing Access Site Residents and Tribal Fishers for more COVID-19 related information.