Oct 16 Sturgeon Setline Fishery
2018 FALL SEASON TREATY FISHERY ANNOUNCEMENT
Tuesday, October 16, 2018
The four Columbia River treaty tribes have set the following fishery plan and the Columbia River Compact concurred:
Bonneville Pool Commercial Sturgeon Setline Fishery
- Area: Bonneville Pool Only
- Season: 6 AM Wednesday October 17 to 6 PM Wednesday October 31
- Sanctuaries: Standard closed areas applicable to setline gear
- Gear: Setline Gear
- Allowable Sales: Sturgeon from 38 to 54 inches fork-length in the Bonneville Pool may be sold or kept for subsistence purposes. Fish landed during the open periods are allowed to be sold after the period concludes. Sturgeon within the 38- to 54-inch fork-length slot limit caught in the platform or hook-and-line fishery may be sold when caught during periods when both the platform and hook-and-line fishery and setline fishery are open in the same area at the same time.
Salmon and Steelhead Platform and Hook-and-Line Fishery
- Platform and Hook-and-Line fishing for salmon and steelhead continues under current regulations.
For information other fisheries, please consult the tribal fishery departments directly.
Note: This announcement is an informational document and does not constitute a fishery regulation. Individual tribes determine actual fishing regulations for their members. Copies of regulations are available from tribal fishery departments.
If you have any fishing enforcement problems or need assistance or information, day or night, contact the Columbia River Inter-Tribal Fisheries Enforcement Office, 4270 Westcliff Drive, Hood River, Oregon. Phone: (541)-386- 6363 or toll-free (800)-487-FISH (3474). Show pride in your tribe’s treaty rights by carrying your tribal ID. Please consult your tribal Fisheries Department for additional details on tribal regulations. PLEASE WEAR YOUR LIFE JACKETS FOR SAFETY and avoid overloading your boats.