June 27 Summer Season Tribal Fishery Announcement
Thursday June 27, 2019
The four Columbia River treaty tribes set the following fishery plan and the Columbia River Compact concurred:
Zone 6 Commercial Gillnet Fishery
- Area: All of Zone 6
- Dates/Times: 6 AM Monday July 1 to 6 PM Wednesday July 3
- Gear: Set and Drift Gillnets with a 7-inch minimum mesh size restriction.
- Allowable Sales: Salmon (any species), steelhead, shad, yellow perch, bass, walleye, catfish and carp may be sold or retained for subsistence. Fish landed during the open periods are allowed to be sold after the period concludes. Sturgeon may not be sold, but sturgeon from 38 to 54 inches fork length in the Bonneville Pool and sturgeon from 43 to 54 inches fork length in The Dalles and John Day Pools may be kept for subsistence purposes.
- Closed Areas: River mouth and dam closed areas applicable to gillnets in effect. The Spring Creek Hatchery closed area is not in effect in the summer management period.
The tribes will consider additional fishing at a later time.
Zone 6 Platform and Hook-and-Line Fishery
- The Zone 6 platform and hook-and-line fishery regulations remain unchanged.
Note: This announcement is an informational document and does not constitute a fishery regulation. Individual tribes determine actual fishing regulations for their members. Copies of regulations are available from tribal fishery departments.
If you have any fishing enforcement questions or need assistance or information, day or night, contact the Columbia River Inter-Tribal Fisheries Enforcement Office, 4270 Westcliff Drive, Hood River, Oregon. Phone: (541) 386-6363 or toll-free (800) 487-FISH (3474). For general information about tribal fisheries and tribal fish restoration efforts, please contact the Columbia River Inter-Tribal Fish Commission at: (503) 238-0667 or www.critfc.org or http://twitter.com/CRITFC or http://www.facebook.com/critfc. For information on purchasing tribal caught fish, please contact Buck Jones, Salmon Marketing Specialist, at (503) 238-0667.