June 11, 2014 Fishery Announcement
2014 SUMMER SEASON TRIBAL FISHERY ANNOUNCEMENT
Wednesday June 11, 2014
Today, the Columbia River Tribes set the following summer season fisheries and the Columbia River Compact concurred:
The Zone 6 Commercial Gillnet Fishery
The tribes will set the following commercial gillnet openings:
- 6:00 AM Monday, June 16 through 6:00 PM Thursday, June 19, 2014 (3 nights)
- 6:00 AM Monday, June 23 through 6:00 PM Thursday, June 26, 2014 (3 nights)
- Area: All of Zone 6
- Gear: Gillnets with a 7 inch minimum mesh size restriction.
- Allowable Sales: Salmon, steelhead, shad, walleye, carp, catfish, bass, and yellow perch may be sold or kept for subsistence. Sturgeon between 43-54 inches fork length in The Dalles and John Day pools may be retained only for subsistence use. Sturgeon between 38-54 inches fork length in the Bonneville Pool may also be retained only for subsistence use.
- Sanctuaries: River mouth and Dam Sanctuaries applicable to gillnets are in effect. The Spring Creek Hatchery Sanctuary is not in effect this time of year.
Zone 6 Platform and Hook and Line Fishery
The Zone 6 platform and hook and line fisheries will remain open for both commercial and subsistence purposes under rules adopted previously.
Platform and Hook and Line Fishery Downstream of Bonneville
The tribes may open summer season fisheries downstream of Bonneville Dam. Please contact your tribe directly for specific regulations, gear requirements, and open days for this fishery. When this fishery is open, salmon, steelhead, shad, walleye, carp, catfish, bass, and yellow perch may be sold or kept for subsistence. Sturgeon may not be retained in fisheries downstream of Bonneville. Sales may not occur on USACE property at Bonneville Dam – fish must be transported to other locations for sale.
For current information regarding tributary fishing regulations, please contact tribal fisheries departments directly.
If you have any fishing enforcement problems or need assistance or information, day or night, contact the Columbia River Inter-Tribal Fisheries Enforcement Office, 4270 Westcliff Drive, Hood River, Oregon. Phone: (541)-386-6363 or toll-free (800)-487-FISH (3474). Please consult your tribal Fisheries Department for additional details on tribal regulations. PLEASE WEAR YOUR LIFE JACKETS FOR SAFETY and avoid overloaded boats.