I-84 Construction Projects in 2016
A number of highway construction projects are taking place this year on I-84, from east of Troutdale to The Dalles. ODOT will repave and replace center barriers, as well as repair rockfall and bridges. The timing of these projects may impact travel for fishers during treaty fishing seasons. None of these projects will close the freeway, but they could result in slowing or waits. Check the links below for trip information if you will be traveling in a stretch of road with planned construction and plan accordingly.
2016 Construction Schedule*
- Paving Sandy River to Multnomah Falls: May – Oct. 2016*
- Tanner Creek Bridge Repair at Bonneville Dam: Feb. – July 2016*
- Paving Cascade Locks to Hood River: Mar. – Sep. 2016*
- Extending the Historic Columbia River Highway State Trail: Feb. – June 2016*; expected Sep. 2016 trail opening*
- Hood River Rockfall Repair: Sep. 2016 – May 2017*
- Mosier to The Dalles Paving & Median Barrier Replacement: June – Sep. 2016*
- Paving and Bridge Construction in The Dalles: Feb. 2015 – June 2016*
* Schedule is subject to change.
Click here to download the I-84 Construction Newsletter, which gives more information about each project and the projected time of day construction will happen, traffic limitations, and specific locations.