Feb 26, 2020 Winter Season Fishery Announcement
Wednesday February 26, 2020
The four Columbia River treaty fishing tribes set the following fishery plan and the Columbia River Compact concurred:
Commercial Gillnet Fishery
- Area: Bonneville Pool only
- Dates/Times: 6:00 AM Thursday February 27 through 6:00 PM Saturday March 7
- Gear: Gillnets with no mesh size restriction.
- Allowable Sales: Sturgeon from 38 to 54 inches fork length, salmon (any species), steelhead, walleye, bass, carp, catfish, shad, and yellow perch may be sold or kept for subsistence purposes. Fish landed during the open periods are allowed to be sold after the period concludes.
- Sanctuaries: River mouth and dam closed areas applicable to gillnet gear are in effect.
Additional commercial gillnet fishing time is possible if there are fish remaining on the harvest guideline after this opening.
- 2020 Commercial Sturgeon Harvest Guidelines: Bonneville = 500, The Dalles = 415, John Day = 210
Zone 6 Platform and Hook-and-line Fishery
- There are no changes to the ongoing regulations for the Zone 6 Platform and Hook-and-line Fishery
Note: This announcement is an informational document and does not constitute a fishery regulation. Individual tribes determine actual fishing regulations for their members. Copies of regulations are available from tribal fishery departments.
If you have any fishing enforcement problems or need assistance or information, day or night, contact the Columbia River Inter-Tribal Fisheries Enforcement Office, 4270 Westcliff Drive, Hood River, Oregon. Phone: (541)-386-6363 or toll-free (800)-487-FISH (3474). Show pride in your Tribe’s treaty rights by carrying your tribal ID. Please consult your tribal Fisheries Department for additional details on tribal regulations. PLEASE WEAR YOUR LIFE JACKETS FOR SAFETY and avoid overloading your boats.