The Columbia River Indian Fishers Expo is hosted by the Columbia River Inter-Tribal Fish Commission. Now in its third year, this event provides Indian fishers with information, resources, and training that will help them improve river safety, fish quality, and equipment maintenance. The event and lunch are free for all Yakama, Umatilla, Warm Springs, and Nez Perce fishers. The Expo runs from 8:00 to 4:00 on Friday, July 24.
- 8:00 Trade show opens; coffee service
- 8:30 Conference opening ceremony and welcoming
- 8:45 Morning presentations and clinics
Food Handling Certification Class
- 11:30 River rescue demonstration
- Noon Lunch
Keynote address by new CRITFC chairman
CRITFC executive director’s update to fishers
- 2:00 Afternoon presentations and clinics
- 2:45 Tribal Fish & Wildlife Committee Q&A sessions
- 4:00 Expo closes
All items and schedule are tentative. The final schedule and presentation descriptions
will appear in next month’s Dipnetter.
Best Western Hood River Inn, 1108 E Marina Way (next to the Hood River-White Salmon Bridge)